Towards the end of the nineteenth century women began to hold office in the Church for the first time, and moving into the twentieth century many social and fundraising activities were held as well as Missionary Meetings and Choir Concerts. A pipe organ was installed in 1913. Electricity was not connected until just before World War II.
World War II saw the evacuation of the Methodist school, Kingswood, to the town. The Methodists gave them a warm welcome and very good links were forged leading to a revitalisation of the Church. When Kingswood left in 1946, boards were presented between the school and the church, expressing the appreciation of mutual help.
After the war, numbers again declined, even leading to closure of the Sunday School, but fortunately in the 1970’s new families came to the town and things took off again. The rooms at the back of the Chapel which had been let as a shop, were converted into a vestry and kitchen.